Two Hearts Background

Saturday, January 1, 2011

More hospital for Rhett

   Very early Monday morning Rhett started feeling pain in his stomach. I took him to the Dr. and they drew some blood to make sure it wasn't his kidney being rejected. That came back fine. Yippee! They did an x-ray, that looked fine. They guessed it was just a stomach virus. If he got worse or got a fever they said to come right back in. Well next morning Rhett felt worse. I took him back to the Dr. they checked his blood again and his white blood cell count was high. (meaning there was an infection) and he was sore if you pushed on his stomach. Also they did another x-ray and this one showed some inflammation. They sent us right up to the Rexberg  hospital to see a surgeon. They were not a 100% sure but they believed it was his appendix. He was going to go in with a scope because where they do the normal surgery its right where his new kidney is. The Dr. said if it was not is appendix he would take it out anyways, then look to see if he could find what the real problem was. They wheeled him in 1 hour from when we got to the hospital. They wanted to get him in surgery right away.
   It ended up being his appendix. The Dr. said it hadn't erupted, but it was so sick and pussy looking it was as sever as if it had erupted. The Dr. ended up not sending Rhett home the next day like most people, because his white blood cell count was still high and they where wanting to be extra careful that he didn't get an infection in his kidney. He is on heavy duty antibiotics. He ended up staying at the hospital from Tuesday to Friday evening.
   He is sore in the belly which is expected. The kids are glad to have him back home. Nathan was his shadow all evening yesterday. We had been invited to his sister Deneece's house for playing games for New Years Eve. Rhett wanted to go, but he ended up feeling to tired and so was I. I was mentally out of it, now that I was out of crisis mode. Both Rhett and I ended up taking a nap.
   I know it was our Savior who helped us know to get Rhett in right away. I also know he answered the prayer I said while Rhett was having that 2nd x-ray. I prayed for the Dr.'s to find what was wrong and or send us to  the one that would. I'm positive that he sent us to the right hospital and the right surgeon who would keep his transplant in mind and take extra care of him. I'm also thankful for the priesthood and the healing blessings that Rhett has been able to get. I'm also thankful that I have a father, and father-in-law who can administer to him. Im also very glad that Rhett also holds the power so he can give our kids the comfort and blessings you receive in those prayers.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! I'm so glad things turned out well. I had my appendix out a few years ago...I remember how sick I was. No fun at all! Keep hanging in there! And I'm so glad the transplant is still doing well! What a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad h was okay. Brad's son Harrison had his appendix out at 2 a.m. on New Year's Day. Must've been the day for it. :)

    ReplyDelete