Two Hearts Background

Sunday, November 7, 2010

New Hobby and Starting a Fire

          I have just started a new hobby. Making Hair Bows. It started with an IEP meeting with Hailey's teachers, councilor, speech therapist, and principal. Her teacher that helps her with comprehension mentioned how Hailey likes having her mention how nice her hair looks. That got me thinking " I wish I knew how to do more cute things to her hair". So I went to the one place I thought I could learn some stuff and quickly, the Internet. Boy did I find some fun stuff. It also meant I needed to learn how to french braid. I'm not great at it but getting better. I will have to post some of the fun hair things I have done, like how I twisted and braided her hair into a heart shape on the back of her head. (It turned out SO cute!) Looking at all these cute bows that the mother would finish her daughters hair with where so cute I wanted some. I first off started looking at buying them, then I found instructions on how to make them and saw that it wasn't quite as hard as I thought it would be.
           I had a ball at the craft store and wished I had more money to buy even more. I found out that it still is a little tricky and that it's going to take practice but Hailey loves them and that is the most important thing, and the feeling of accomplishment. With my new problem of my shaky hands ( side effect from one of my new bipolar meds) It can get nerve racking trying to use the glue gun in small places, but I'm doing alright, I wont let that stop me.
           This being a new month, with a new paycheck, I couldn't wait to go buy more ribbon and accents and stuff. I found ribbon stiffener that I knew was something I would need especially since I now had the supplies to make the korkscrew bows. I got to work that night making a bow that the colors would be brown and pink. The base bow was brown with pink and white flowers, then I mixed brown and a pink with brown and white flowers korkscrew ribbons on top of that, next was a small pink bow with a brown strip that went around the middle. I sprayed the bow with the stiffener and as the instruction mentioned to dry it faster I put it in the microwave to dry it faster. 5 sec into it MY BOW BURST INTO FLAMES!!!! I forgot that my base bow had wire in it, to help keep it's shape. *Slaps Forehead* Yes, I ended up having to make a new bow and that time I used the blow dryer instead. That's one mistake I will never make again.


No comments:

Post a Comment