Two Hearts Background

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Drugged Out

For my birthday I get to have drugs and sleep all day! The surgeon considers my gallbatter problem an emergency because my liver levels are high. I get to go into the hospital on Hailey and my birthday in the morning and have my gallblatter removed. He is also suspicious that I might have a stone in a tube.He can only find that out while in surgery. If I do that means the next day I get to go in for surgery again and have a harder surgery done to remove that.
I got Hailey's presents wrapped tonight and hoping I will be awake enough later in the evening to watch her open them. I'm guessing no cake for me, so I think I'll make Rhett go get me a blizzard from Dairy Queen. :) For once Rhett gets to be the one to sit in the waiting room. In the past 2 yrs I sat in the waiting room while he had all sorts of different surgery. Biopsy, catheters put in a couple of times, transplant, appendix. Probably  6 to 8 surgery's.
I think I will need to milk this for all I can. My turn to play patient, he can be my nurse. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I hope your surgery went well. What a miserable birthday present from the universe. Ugh...Well hopefully you'll recover quickly and get to enjoy many more happy birthdays because of it. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete